HELP Student Loan
The HELP Student Loan is a private student loan offered to eligible members of the FASNY Federal Credit Union who also qualify for the Firemen’s Association of the State of New York SAFER Grant Higher Education Learning Program or other similar program. The loan is intended to fund eligible college related expenses until the end of a semester when the SAFER Grant tuition reimbursement or other similar grant or scholarship program funding is anticipated. A student, parent or guardian who is eligible for FASNY FCU membership may be considered eligible for these loans. This loan is to assist the applicant with college expenses until such time as the tuition reimbursement, scholarship, or grant is disbursed to the applicant. In most cases a co-signer (Parent or Guardian) may be required due to the lack of credit history of the student applicant.
- Borrow as little as $500.00 or as much as $10,000.00
- 4.99% Fixed Rate†
- Creditworthy student borrowers with regular income can apply without cosigner
- No prepayment penalty
- Borrower must join the credit union as primary member to borrow
- Use of funds for accredited advanced EMT certification expenses
- $25 monthly good faith payment during semester for every $5,000 borrowed
Private Student Loans
Federal loans not enough to cover the cost of your college education? The cuScholar Private Student Loan can be the answer to your funding needs.
- Borrow as little as $2,000 or up to Cost of Attendance per year for a maximum of $120,000 in undergraduate loans or $160,000 in graduate loans.
- Choose between making interest payments or a nominal $25 Proactive Payment towards the loan while in school.
- Use the funds for any qualified educational expense including tuition, room & board, books, and even computers.
- Quick approval once we receive your completed application.
- No prepayment penalty and 30-day loan cancellation policy.
Find out more HERE.
Visit the College Resource Center for valuable tools and resources to make the best student loan decision for you.
†Rates and terms current as of date published, subject to change. Remaining principal balance will be amortized to a maximum repayment term of 60 months once schooling is over. Other conditions may apply. Call for details. Loan approval subject to membership eligibility and credit-granting terms and conditions. We do business in accordance with the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
Enter Account Number: